McDonald’s app is used by millions of people to make quick orders online. Thus, there is a huge traffic on the application every single day. Although it is beneficial to order food online, there are some cases in which the app is unable to provide the regular service. One of those cases is that the app can be stuck in one of your previous orders.
If the McDonald’s app stuck on old order, what can you do to fix it? Today, we hope to discuss what solutions you can try to fix the app, so keep reading till the end!
Why McDonald’s App Stuck On Old Order?
If the McDonald’s app is stuck on an old order on your device, one of these things can be the cause.
- Outdated App – McDonald’s app is updated from time to time with newer features. In case you still use an outdated version of the app, the app can show certain issues. One of those issues is a stuck page. Most of the time, the app can be stuck on an old order.
- Poor Network Connection – this case is related to when you use any app. If you do not have a strong and stable internet connection, there will not be a good signal transmission in order to make a strong connection between your device and the server. As a result, the app can be stuck without letting you retrieve the current status.
- Technical Bugs and Glitches – The McDonald’s app can have sudden technical bugs and glitches because a lot of people are using it at once. Consequently, some users experience that the screen is stuck on old orders. Sometimes, even the server of McDonald’s can be down due to some technical issues. So you have to wait until they are fixed.
- Cache Files – In case you have not cleared the cache files of your McDonald’s app, the app can malfunction in various ways. Most of the time, the screen might be stuck on one of your previous orders.
How to Fix ‘McDonald’s app stuck on old order?’
According to the above–discussed reasons, you need to take relevant actions. Here is a complete guide in order to fix the case immediately.
- If an update is available on the Play Store or App Store, make sure to install the latest version of the app. When you use the latest version, you will not encounter bugs because the program has been improved.
- Reset your Wi-Fi router for a better performance if there is a lack of signal strength. You can turn off the router for a while and turn it on to reset. Moreover, you can keep your device closer to the router when you try to log in to the app. Then, you can avoid heavy-duty things like walls, furniture, etc. And also, in case you have connected multiple devices to the router, you can disconnect them for a while to achieve better signal strength. If you are not sure about the signal strength of your device, you can check the internet speed through a website such as www.Speedtest.net.
- If McDonald’s server is facing some issues at the moment, you have to wait till it is fixed on their side. Mostly, when the app is under maintenance or has some temporary glitches due to the traffic, the best practice would be to wait for some time and log in to the app later. You can check McDonald’s website or social media to confirm whether there is maintenance on the app or a server down.
- Remember to clear the cache files of the McDonald’s app before they become full. Then, corrupted files will be vanished within a few seconds. So, you can open the app after the app is reset.
How Do you Update McDonald’s App?
We have listed all the steps you should take in order to update your McDonald’s application. The procedure can vary depending on your device, Android and Apple.
If you use an Apple device, follow these instructions.
- Go to the App Store first.
- There is a profile icon at the right-side corner; tap on it.
- A list will appear. Tap on the McDonald’s app.
- The ‘Update’ option is located next to the app. You should click on it.
- Then, the latest version will be downloaded. Wait a few minutes and open the app.
These instructions are for Android users.
- Go to the Google Play Store on your device.
- You should open the menu by clicking the three-line icon.
- Click on ‘My apps & games.’
- Choose McDonald’s from the list.
- There will be an ‘Update’ option near the app; click on it.
- Let the app download the latest version. After a few minutes, you can re-login the app.
How to Clear Cache Files On McDonald’s App?
You should adhere to the following procedure to remove the corrupted cache files of the McDonald’s app.
- First, you should open the ‘Settings’ on your Android device.
- Now, click on ‘Apps & notifications.’
- Then, click on the McDonald’s app.
- Click on ‘Storage and cache.’
- Tap on the ‘Clear cache’ button.
- Confirm your action.
If you use an iPhone, follow these steps.
- Open ‘Settings’ on your Apple device.
- Click on the McDonald’s app.
- There are two options: ‘Offload App’ and ‘Delete App.’ You can click on ‘Offload App’ if you wish to save the data and documents of the app. The ‘Delete App’ button has been designed to clear all the data and documents when you clear the cache.
- So, you have to re-install the McDonald’s app after you offload or delete the app.
How to Contact McDonald’s Customer Service?
If the app still has stuck, even after you try all the above methods, you are advised to contact a customer care agent at McDonald’s. Then, they will recommend you something appropriate.
All you need to do is to type your inquiry on the ‘Contact Us’ page of McDonald’s official website. Then, a customer care representative will message you with a solution. There are no other ways, like emails, to contact McDonald’s regarding the issues in the application.
Watch this one,
Video Credits – Wealth Quint
You May Also Like